Lovejoy is pleased to be able to provide quality grid couplings covering a
large number of industry standard sizes and lengths. The Lovejoy grid style
coupling has proven itself in performance and popularity over a wide range
Lovejoy’s grid style coupling design has demonstrated its ability to dampen
vibration by as much as 30% and can cushion shock loads that could cause
damage to both the driving and driven equipment. The tapered grid spring
design absorbs impact energy by spreading the energy out over the full
length of the grid spring thus reducing the magnitude of the torque spikes.
The Lovejoy design uses a curved hub tooth profile which creates a
progressive contact with the flexible grid spring as the application torque
increases. This feature provides a more effective and efficient transmission
of power in properly aligned couplings.
Lovejoy’s versatile design of industry standard hubs and grid springs
for both horizontal and vertical cover styles allow Lovejoy couplings
to be interchangeable with other industry standard grid couplings and
Proper grid coupling installation and maintenance can add to a longer
coupling life. Grid spring replacement is simple and can be performed at a
fraction of the cost and time of a complete coupling.
The Lovejoy Grid coupling is an ideal coupling for
applications where excellent performance is desired and
additional requirements for vibration dampening may
exist. The Horizontal Split Cover design is recommended
in applications where there may be some constraints
on the diameter of the coupling. The vertical design is
recommended for applications where higher speed is one of
- Designed for ease of maintenance and grid spring replacement
- High tensile grid springs ensure superior coupling performance and longer coupling life
- Split covers allow for easy access to grid springs
- Interchangeable with industry standard grid couplings
|Description||1020 HUB 16MM 5X2.3MM KW|
|Hub Material||Alloy Steel|
|Bore Type||Finished Bore and Keyway|
|Bore Size||16.00 mm|
|Lovejoy® Grid Coupling Size||1020|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Size (Dimension T)||8-32|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Location Size (Dimension SL)||0.500 in12.70 mm|
|Keyway Size (W x D)||5 x 2.3 mm|
|Length thru Bore||1.880 in47.75 mm|
|Overall Length||3.880 in98.50 mm|
|Outside Diameter (Horiontal Style Cover)||4.000 in101.60 mm|
|Outside Diameter (Vertical Style Cover)||4.380 in111.30 mm|
|Min. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||0.500 in12.00 mm|
|Max. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||1.125 in28 mm|
|Dimension FD||2.500 in63.50 mm|
|Dimension FL||0.380 in9.65 mm|
|Dimension HD||1.560 in39.70 mm|
|Dimension G1||0.118 in3.00 mm|
|Dimension L (Horizontal Style Cover)||2.620 in66.55 mm|
|Dimension L (Vertical Style Cover)||0.960 in24.38 mm|
|Max. Parallel Misalignment at Installation (Dimension P)||0.0060 in|
|Max. Parallel Misalignment during Operation (Dimension P)||0.012 in|
|Dimension R||1.880 in47.75 mm|
|Dimension SL||0.500 in12.70 mm|
|Distance between Shaft Ends (Dimension G) - Normal Gap||0.118 in3.00 mm|
|Cubic inches||4.57517 in³|
|Nominal Torque||460.00 in·lb52.00 N·m|
|Max. Speed (Horizontal Style Cover)||4500.00 rpm|
|Max. Speed (Vertical Style Cover)||6000.00 rpm|
|Max. Angular Misalignment at Installation (X-Y)||0.002 in|
|Max. Angular Misalignment during Operation (X-Y)||0.009 in|
Coupling Part Numbers
|Falk™ Steelflex® Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020T10|
|Morse® / Browning® Grid-Flex Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||GF2020H|
|Dodge® Grid-Lign® Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020T10|
|Kop-Flex® / Kop-Grid® Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020H|
|Falk™ Steelflex® Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020T20|
|Morse® / Browning® Grid-Flex Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||GF2020V|
|Dodge® Grid-Lign® Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020T20|
|Kop-Flex® / Kop-Grid® Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1020V|
- High tensile, shot-peened alloy steel grid springs and precision machined hubs ensure superior coupling performance and long life.
- Lovejoy’s grid couplings with tapered grids are designed to be interchangeable with other industry standard grid couplings with both horizontal and vertical grid covers.
- Lovejoy grid couplings are designed for ease of installation and maintenance reducing labor and downtime costs.
- The torsional flexibility and resilience of Lovejoy grid couplings helps reduce vibration and cushions shock and impact loads.
- Cover fasteners can be provided in either Inch or Metric sizes.
- Excellent for use in applications where the equipment is close coupled or spaced apart requiring a spacer style coupling arrangement.
- Stock spacer designs are available or requests for custom spacer lengths can be addressed by Lovejoy engineering.
- Size 1020 thru 1090 hubs are provided with clearance fit bores and 2 set screws at 90°.
- Size 1100 thru 1200 hubs are provided with interference fit bores and no set screws.
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
Restocking, shipping and handling fees may applied to any return with this manufacturer.
For more information please consult https://www.mrosupply.com/page/returnwarranty-policy/