- A complete CJ Series coupling is comprised of two standard CJ hubs and one CJ spider. Four types of spiders are available for the CJ Series.
|Description||CJ 38A HUB PM 1-3/8 5/16KW|
|Type||Curved Jaw Coupling Hubs|
|Hub Material||Powder Metal|
|Bore Size||1 3/8 in|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Size (Dimension T)||5/16-18|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Location Size (Dimension SL)||0.590 in14.99 mm|
|Keyway Size (W x D)||5/16 x 5/32 in|
|Length thru Bore (Dimensions LTB1/LTB2)||1.770 in44.96 mm|
|Outside Diameter||3.150 in80.00 mm|
|Overall Coupling Length||4.490 in114.05 mm|
|Spider Outside Diameter||3.150 in80.00 mm|
|Spider Thickness (Dimension W)||0.710 in18.00 mm|
|Min. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||0.470 in12.00 mm|
|Max. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||1.5 in38 mm|
|Dimension G||0.940 in23.88 mm|
|Dimension HD||2.600 in66.04 mm|
|Dimension U||1.460 in37.08 mm|
|Distance between Spider and Hub Face (Dimension CL)||0.120 in3.05 mm|
|Cubic inches||11.96520 in³|
|Normal Temperature Range (with 80 Shore A, 92 Shore A, and 95/98 Shore A spiders)||-40 to 212 ºF|
|Max. Temperature Range (with 80 Shore A, 92 Shore A, and 95/98 Shore A spiders)||-50 to 248 ºF|
|Nominal Torque (with 92 Shore A spider)||1680 in·lb|
|Max Torque (with 92 Shore A spider)||3360 in·lb|
|Max. Speed||7100 rpm|
|Angular Displacement||0.070 in|
|Max. Angular Displacement (∆ Ka), n=1500 [1/min]||1 º|
|Max. Axial Displacement (∆ Ka)||0.0700 in|
|Max. Radial Displacement (∆ Kr)||0.0110 in|
The Curved Jaw Design
- Three piece design that is easy to assemble
- The curved jaw design incorporates both radial and axial curvature (crowning) to the elastomer (spider)
- Hubs are offered in sintered iron, steel, aluminum, cast iron and nodular iron materials
- Three different urethane elastomers available
- No metal to metal contact and no lubrication required
- Fail safe design due to the jaw in compression design (continues to function after the elastomer fails)
- The CJ series covers a torque range of 67 to 247,800 in-lbs
- Maximum bore may be achieved through the use of a shallow keyway.
- Maximum bore refers to maximum straight bore with keyway allowed in hub.
- Outside Diameter is equal to Dimension HD for B style aluminum sizes: 19, 24, and 28.
- S = Solid hub with no bore
- Spider Outside Diameter (Dimension A) is equal to Outside Diameter
- The values regarding displacement are provided assuming normal operating conditions (i.e. temperature, torque with nominal rating of the coupling, speed/ RPM rating of the coupling, and misalignment). Careful installation (i.e. alignment) and periodic inspection should be provided to provide the optimum life of the coupling. Special consideration should be given as to the position of the shafts and the amount of axial movement the coupling will be exposed to. The more accurate the alignment of the coupling, will result in greater life of the elastomer. A coupling guard and rotating equipment safety procedures should always be followed. Please consult the Lovejoy web site at www.lovejoy-inc.com for assembly instructions of the curved jaw coupling.
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
Restocking, shipping and handling fees may applied to any return with this manufacturer.
For more information please consult https://www.mrosupply.com/page/returnwarranty-policy/