Image for Illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary
- The Curved Jaw coupling consists of two standard hubs and one spider.RSB maybe supplied as a solid hub or rough stock bore.
|Description||CJ 55/70B HUB CI RSB|
|Type||Curved Jaw Couplings|
|Hub Material||Cast Iron|
|Bore Type||Rough Stock Bore|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Size (Dimension T)||3/8-16|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Location Size (Dimension SL)||0.790 in20.07 mm|
|Length thru Bore (Dimensions LTB1/LTB2)||2.560 in65.02 mm|
|Outside Diameter||4.720 in119.89 mm|
|Overall Coupling Length||3.580 in90.93 mm|
|Spider Inside Diameter||2.360 in60.00 mm|
|Spider Outside Diameter||4.720 in120.00 mm|
|Spider Thickness (Dimension W)||0.870 in22.00 mm|
|Min. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||1.890 in48.00 mm|
|Max. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||2.760 in70.00 mm|
|Dimension G||1.180 in29.97 mm|
|Dimension HD||4.720 in119.89 mm|
|Distance between Spider and Hub Face (Dimension CL)||0.160 in4.06 mm|
|Cubic inches||79.75667 in³|
|Normal Temperature Range (with 80 Shore A, 92 Shore A, and 95/98 Shore A spiders)||-40 to 212 ºF|
|Max. Temperature Range (with 80 Shore A, 92 Shore A, and 95/98 Shore A spiders)||-50 to 248 ºF|
|Nominal Torque (with 92 Shore A spider)||3625.00 in·lb410.00 N·m|
|Max Torque (with 92 Shore A spider)||7250.00 in·lb819.00 N·m|
|Max. Speed||4750 rpm|
|Angular Displacement||0.090 in|
|Max. Angular Displacement (∆ Ka), n=1500 [1/min]||1.10 º|
|Max. Axial Displacement (∆ Ka)||0.8700 in|
|Max. Radial Displacement (∆ Kr)||0.0140 in|
The Curved Jaw Design
- Three piece design that is easy to assemble
- The curved jaw design incorporates both radial and axial curvature (crowning) to the elastomer (spider)
- Hubs are offered in sintered iron, steel, aluminum, cast iron and nodular iron materials
- Three different urethane elastomers available
- No metal to metal contact and no lubrication required
- Fail safe design due to the jaw in compression design (continues to function after the elastomer fails)
- The CJ series covers a torque range of 67 to 247,800 in-lbs
- Four types of spiders are available for the CJ Series of couplings
- Urethane spiders provide high abrasion resistance and elasticity, along with good damping characteristics
- The spiders are offered in a variety of shore hard nesses, each providing a different level of torque capacity, damping, and chemical resistance
- The 92A shore insert (yellow in color) is the standard, offering excellent torque carrying capacity
- The 80A shore insert (blue) offers the best damping characteristics
- The 95/98A shore spider (red) offers higher torque than the standard 92 shore, but retains greater damping capacity compared to the 64D shore insert (green)
- The 64D shore insert is offered for high humidity environments, higher temperatures, and offers the highest torque capacity
- The standard curved jaw spider design has a hole in the center to accommodate small between shaft end measurements
- The 80A, 92A, and 95/98A shore spiders have a temperature capacity of 212° F
- The 64D shore spider has a temperature capacity of 230° F
- The curved jaw spider’s urethane material also resists oil, dirt, sand, grease, moisture, many solvents, as well as atmospheric effects of ozone
- Maximum bore may be achieved through the use of a shallow keyway.
- Maximum bore refers to maximum straight bore with keyway allowed in hub.
- Outside Diameter is equal to Dimension HD for B style aluminum sizes: 19, 24, and 28.
- S = Solid hub with no bore
- Spider Outside Diameter (Dimension A) is equal to Outside Diameter
- The values regarding displacement are provided assuming normal operating conditions (i.e. temperature, torque with nominal rating of the coupling, speed/ RPM rating of the coupling, and misalignment). Careful installation (i.e. alignment) and periodic inspection should be provided to provide the optimum life of the coupling. Special consideration should be given as to the position of the shafts and the amount of axial movement the coupling will be exposed to. The more accurate the alignment of the coupling, will result in greater life of the elastomer. A coupling guard and rotating equipment safety procedures should always be followed. Please consult the Lovejoy web site at www.lovejoy-inc.com for assembly instructions of the curved jaw coupling.
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
Restocking, shipping and handling fees may applied to any return with this manufacturer.
For more information please consult https://www.mrosupply.com/page/returnwarranty-policy/