- Lovejoy offers flexible sleeve for S-Flex coupling in three designs: one-piece solid, one-piece split, and two-piece with retaining ring
- The one-piece split design provides solutions for applications with unique requirements where small shaft separations inhibit the installation of a one-piece solid sleeve
- Pre-molded teeth along the diameter of the sleeve engage with teeth of the coupling flanges
- No clamps or screws are needed to connect the flanges with the flexible sleeve which securely lock together under torque for smooth transmission of power
- Torque is transmitted through shear loading of the sleeve
- All three sleeve materials are highly elastic which permits the S-Flex coupling to protect connected equipment from harmful shock loading, vibration, and shaft misalignment
H, HS Sleeve Types
These sleeves feature both a one-piece solid (H) and two-piece split
(HS) design and are molded of Hytrel. The sleeves in Hytrel material are
designed to transmit power for high torque applications. Because of the
design and the properties of the Hytrel molded sleeve, the H and HS
sleeves should not be used as direct replacements for EPDM or Neoprene
sleeves, and can only be used with S, TF, or SC flanges.
|Type||Sleeves for S-Flex Couplings|
|Connection Type A x B||Coupling Sleeve|
|Nominal Torque||1800 in·lb203.37 N·m|
|Min. Bore||0.625 in|
|Max. Bore||1.438 in|
|Length (Dimension G)||0.880 in22.35 mm|
|Outside Diameter||3.75 in95.25 mm|
|Dimension L||1.880 in47.75 mm|
|Cubic inches||12.37500 in³|
|Temperature||-65 to 250 ºF-54 to 121 ºC|
|Max. Speed||6000 rpm|
|Angular Misalignment||0.25 º|
|Axial Misalignment||0.1250 in|
|Max. Parallel Misalignment||0.035 in|
|Max. Torsional Wind-Up Angle||7.00 º|
- Hytrel is a polyester elastomer designed for high torque and high temperature applications and offers excellent resistance to chemical and oil conditions. Color is orange.
- Operating Hytrel within a high service factor application is not recommended.
- H and HS Type sleeves are designed for high torque applications, transmitting about 4 times as much power as an equivalent EPDM or Neoprene sleeve.
- Hytrel sleeves can be used only with S or SC flanges and can not be used with J or B flanges.
- Hytrel sleeves should not be used as direct replacements for EPDM or Neoprene applications.
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
Restocking, shipping and handling fees may applied to any return with this manufacturer.
For more information please consult https://www.mrosupply.com/page/returnwarranty-policy/