Curtis SS655DB Outer Diameter: 4" stainless steel double joint with hubs bored 1/2 of O.D.
BRAND: Curtis U-Joint | MODEL: SS655DB | CONDITION: NEW | SKU: 1404910
Image for Illustration purposes only,
Actual product may vary
Curtis double joints are available in 14 sizes, and share all of the advantages of Curtis single U-joints. Features include:
- Bored Hubs are bored one-half of the O.D.
- Material is 303 grade stainless steel
- Extra angularity allows standard units to operate at angles up to 70°.
- Quick and easy TakeApart™ design for easy and economical disassembly and reassembly, with no special tooling required.
- Firm, positive lockup of the entire assembly thanks to Curtis’ exclusive Tell-Tale Lock Ring.
- Built-in lubrication passages with Curtis’ exclusive internal lubrication system.
- Lubrication covers (boots) available in all sizes to retain lubrication and keep out contaminants, extending the life of the joint. Curtis Joints do not require grooves on hubs to retain boots.
- Easy machinability due to Curtis’ soft hubs.
- Smooth operations and longer life assured by close and well-controlled tolerances between mating parts and Curtis’ built-in lubrication system.
- Perfect concentricity with hubs ground on center and centering holes provided on solid hubs to aid in machining.
Universal joint hub modifications are available per customer specifications, which include but may not be limited to bores, keyways, set screw holes, square holes and hex holes. Contact the Curtis sales department for more information.
- Concert Stages
- Animated Characters
- Conveyor Equipment
- Clean Room Robotics
- Hospital Equipment
Joints 7⁄8 inch or larger have Curtis’ user friendly Take Apart feature to allow for more specialized modification. Our large inventory allows O.E.M’s and users delivery on demand.
Also available in alloy steel.
|DIMENSIONS OF STANDARD JOINTS IN INCHES|
|± .020||± .001||± .030|
± .050 *
± .015 *
± .015 *
|± .015||± .015||Inch Pounds 4||Pounds|
|SS655DB||4.000||2.0000||17.000 *||5.313 *||6.375 *||3.125||2.000||10.750||131000||47.61|
- Large bearing pin is provided with an oil passage. 1.00" through 4.00" diameter joints are also fitted with a ball spring oil fitting to retain lubricant.
- Curtis standard double universal joints will operate through angles of 70. For applications requiring greater angles, special design can be employed, enabling the joint to operate at angles up to 90.
- Joints are permanently assembled with small bearing pin riveted in place.
- Static torque to 10 rotational deflection in pounds.
- Dimension "E" as shown above is the shortest length center section that Curtis manufactures. Longer than standard center sections can be made per customer needs. Contact Curtis with your requirements.
|Location||Availability (pcs)||Cutoff Time||Status|
|Product Availability is updated each morning, Inventory is subject to change|
|Springfield, MA||Chat with Sales||3 p.m.||-|
|MRO - Firebaugh, CA||Chat with Sales||3 p.m.||-|
|MRO - Bakersfield, CA||Chat with Sales||3 p.m.||-|
|MRO - Los Angeles, CA||Chat with Sales||3 p.m.||-|
- MRO - Firebaugh, CA
- MRO - Bakersfield, CA
- MRO - Los Angeles, CA
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- Where do orders ship from?
- When do I receive my order?
- What happens when the lead time is too high?
- Can I pick up items locally / will call?
- Can it be shipped today?
- Can I use my own shipping account?
- Does “Usually ships in 24 hours” mean it’s in stock?
- Can we ship outside the US / Export?
PAYMENT, PRICING & TAXES
- When I do get charged for my order?
- What are the accepted payment methods?
- Do you provide credit terms?
- Is the order price set or can it change?
- Can I get a discounted price?
- Is there a special price for resellers/government?
- How do I get sales tax reduction?
RETURNS & REFUNDS
NEED MORE HELP
Who is MROSupply.com?
MROsupply.com is the e-commerce extension of Mechanical Drives and Belting, established in 1898 in Los Angeles (yes, 1898, not 1998). Currently, we have nearly 700,000 parts online and are adding more every day, however we have over 4,000,000 products that still need to be added. If you don't find what you're looking for, send us an email or fire up our live chat feature and we will be sure to help. Learn more on our About Us.
What is the typical order process?
Once you have placed your order, the vast majority of orders go through this process:
- Order Acknowledgement (immediately after an order is placed online)
- Order Confirmation (we confirm to you via email that the order was received and placed)
- Order Tracking Email (We email you the tracking number via UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Order Complete
Can I place an order by phone?
We accept orders by phone that have a subtotal above $2000 USD
What happens if I made a mistake?
Not to worry. In some cases, such as special voltage motors or other parts which are commonly ordered by mistake, a confirmation email will be dispatched to notify you. If we don't receive a response within 48 hours, we will proceed with the order as planned.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Where do orders ship from?
Orders may come from our warehouse, or if there is a closer drop ship location from our suppliers. We will always look to the latter option and ship from as nearby as possible. Most of our vendors have multiple drop ship warehouse locations and most can ship within the same day or 24 hours.
When do I receive my order?
Orders usually ship within 24 hours and a confirmation email follows immediately thereafter. If lead time is from 2-3 days up to 2 weeks, you'll be notified via email with an option to cancel. If we've received no cancellation upon 48 hours of placement, then the order will be processed.
What happens when the lead time is too high?
If your order has over 2 weeks lead time it will be put on hold with an option to cancel, move forward with usual shipping or expedite for faster delivery. You'll receive an email asking for your approval on how to proceed with the order. The order will be cancelled if you don't provide approval within 48 hours, and you'll be notified you via email.
Can I pick up items locally / will call?
In some cases yes, but it depends on the brand and in which warehouse the products will be picked up. If the product has a "Local Pickup" option in the Shipping section of the Cart page, then the answer is YES. In other cases, please inquire with orders over $1000 USD.
Can it be shipped today?
It depends on the shipping location. Most warehouses have a cutoff time of about 2‐4 PM in their timezone. Our shipping warehouses are spread across the country, so often times West Coast customers are at the mercy of East Coast shipping cutoff times. Other brands may have multiple stocking locations, so it's best to check by email or phone ahead of time if the product/s is needed urgently.
Can I use my own shipping account?
Yes - In order to do so, please notice a section in the cart process, during the shipping portion that says "Account Number". Be sure to select the appropriate shipping type first (i.e. FedEx, UPS, etc)
Does “Usually ships in 24 hours” mean it’s in stock?
It only means that if it's in stock, we will usually ship it within 24 hours of the order. Please be sure to contact us if you want to check stock before ordering. From our experience, most products tend to ship same day or within 24 hours, but with hundreds of thousands of products, it can be very difficult to predict availability on each part.
Can you ship outside the US / Export?
Our current minimum export amount is $2000 USD, and the only paperwork to be provided is a Commercial Invoice and Packing Slip. We may provide a shipping option to some countries or additional paperwork, depending on the size of the order and country specifics.
PAYMENT, PRICING & TAXES
When I do get charged for my order?
Orders are to be charged within 24 hours after placement, not upon shipment.
What are the accepted payment methods?
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) and PayPal secure payments.
Do you provide credit terms?
Is the order price set or can it change?
In very rare instances prices may be subject to change after order. You'll be notified via email and new charges are put on hold pending your approval.
Can I get a discounted price?
Typically the order must be around $2000 in order to receive consideration for a lower price. There is also a number of products we may be aggressively promoting thus they may have a temporary price drop or promotion, such as Free Shipping.
Is there a special price for resellers/government?
No, we offer our lowest prices online unless there is a larger order quantity, in which case, please see question "Can I get a discounted price?".
How do I get sales tax reduction?
If you live in the state of California, your purchase is subject to Sales Tax. When purchasing items for resale, registered sellers may avoid the sales tax by giving their supplier adequate documentation in the form of a resale certificate. The certificate may be in any form, but here is a standard blank certificate for your use. Once completed, simply upload it while you're checking out and we will immediately apply sales tax reduction.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Returns for MROSupply.com Products
Returns for MROSupply.com products must be made within 30 days of purchase. (If your purchase is over 30 days, mention it in your request as, in some cases, we might be able to still process your return). For more see our Returns/Warranty Policy and our Request Form.
Defective product returns
Because MROSupply.com represents such a large range and quantity of products, it is currently not possible for us to publish each item's manufacturer's warranty. Be assured your satisfaction is our number one priority and we will do everything possible to assist you with a warranty claim. For more see our Returns/Warranty Policy and our Request Form.