Image for Illustration purposes only
Actual product may vary
- Coupling is designed to minimize spillage and damage associated with drive away and pull away incidents.
- Also available in 150# Flange, BSP thread, DN Flange, 300# ASA Flange, Grooved Ends or any combination thereof. Consult Dixon for more information.
- Optional Non-closure Design available, consult the factory. The non-closure design is an economical alternative which allows the coupling to break away due to pull-away/drive-away incidents thus protecting piping systems and equipment. The design allows spillage of product in these instances due to the lack of valving in the coupling. Useful applications where non-hazardous product is being conveyed and where there are no environmental concerns.
- Designed to be installed between a fixed point (pipe, pump, manifold) and a hose
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- High flow rate / low pressure drop
How it works
- The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment.
- Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin. Non-axial forces concentrate the tension forces more strongly on one bolt, so that the safety break-away coupling reacts in a natural way to the reduction of the hose break forces.
- Pressure rating is given at ambient temperature 70°F
- Weight: 8 lbs.
|Working Pressure||230 PSI|
|Optional Pkg/Box Qty||1|