The Aramax Wedge-Band is designed for extraordinary banded belt strength on the toughest belt drives. It’s ideally suited for oil field mud pumps, rock and quarry applications, lumber industry drives and heavy construction machinery. Aramid cord provides maximum protection against belt breakage due to shock loads. Due to the unique nature of these high performance banded belts, no drive design literature is available. Rather, we suggest that you work with our application engineering department for design assistance.
- Prevents belt whip and rollover
- Aramid cord provides high horsepower capability
- Highly engineered tie-band permanently bonds or “ties” multiple belts together to ensure smooth operation and enabling the belts to function as a single unit with even load distribution and wear
- Vibration is dampened
- Heavy shock loads are absorbed
- Oil field equipment, quarry applications, lumber industry drives, heavy construction machinery and more
NOTE: When R8VK belts are used as a matched set, all belts in the set must have the same sag number. These high modulus aramid cord belts require closer matching than standard R8V belts in order to tension properly as a set.
NOTE: Because of the high horsepower loads involved, standard 8V cast iron pulleys typically DO NOT have sufficient horsepower capacity to operate with the belt’s rated horsepower. As a result, special pulleys may be required.
- R8VK cross-section from 202" to 562"
|top width (per rib)||1"|
|depth (per rib)||7/8"|