- Ideally suited for applications where the media being transferred is under higher working pressures such as Air, Water, Hydraulic and Slurry
- In the event of a high-pressure hose assembly failure, King™ Safety Whipsocks provide stand-by safety and minimize uncontrolled whipping
- King™ Safety Whipsocks keep the hose under control in the event of a high-pressure hose assembly failure
- Galvanized steel woven stockings extend down the hose to grip securely over a larger area preventing whip, abrasion and wear
- Securing both eye-to-rigid or eye-to-eye anchor points reduce whip in the event of a hose connection failure
- Wire rope: galvanized carbon steel
- Ferrules: aluminum
- Stainless steel options available upon request
- Instructions for properly Installing, Securing and Maintaining King™ Safety Whipsock (High pressure hose restraint designed to secure hose-to-hose and hose-to-rigid anchor points to minimize uncontrolled movement in the event of hose connection failure or separation.)
- Step 1: Select the appropriate King™ Safety Whipsock based on the hose O.D. and working pressure of the hose. For shorter assemblies a custom double ended, 4-eye Whipsock, must be used. Note: Only use custom Whipsocks on the specific length and diameter it is labelled for.
- Step 2: Always ensure to inspect entire King™ Safety Whipsock for frayed wire and corrosion before each use and installation. Replace immediately if damaged or worn.
- Step 3: It is necessary that the hose is clean and free form oil and dirt before use.
- Step 4: Compress the tail end of the King™ Safety Whipsock to open the ID, work the stocking to slide the grip down the length of the hose. Run your hands down the grip from the coupling end to the tail to smooth out any gaps or loose wires in the grip to ensure contact with the hose.
- Step 5: After coupling, slide the King™ Safety Whipsock up the hose into secured position just behind the fitting, ensuring the eyes have enough length to reach the anchoring points. Avoid overlapping the stockings if King Safety Whipsocks are on each end of the hose.
- Step 6: Using a King™ Safety Shackle or bolt, nut & pin style clasp, rated above the breaking strength of the hose, secure the hose restraint at two horizontally opposed, rigid anchor points rated for the application.
- Step 7: Slight slack in the legs is preferred. This will allow a travel distance for coupling in disconnection and greatly reduce the load applied to the hose restraint. A travel distance of up to 1" - 2" (40-50mm) is recommended.
- Note: For ease of installation it’s recommended to attach prior to installing coupling assembly.
- Contact Dixon™ with questions regarding working pressure, available options or custom configurations
- Dual anchor points secured beyond the fittings eliminate hose whip
- Be sure the anchoring points are rated for the application
- WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do not use in connection with drinking water. Wash hands after handling.