Image for Illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary
- Suitable for repairing or joining pipes where access to the pipe end is difficult or not possible. The unique wrap-around design differs from similar type repair products because the installation or repair is permanent due to the unique flexible lip seal gasket design. Open-Flex couplings will also act as an expansion joint. Straub Open-Flex couplings do require the pipes to be properly anchored and restrained as they are not pull-out resistant like the Straub Grip-L couplings. Use Straub Open-Flex couplings to replace bolted sleeve type couplings (AWWA Stc. C-219) or for permanent repairs or installation.
- Highest quality 316 Ti stainless steel construction
- EPDM sealing sleeve standard, temperature range of -4
- Casing: AISI 316 Ti
- Screws: AISI 4135 steel
- Bolts: AISI 12L 14 Galvanized
- Accommodates up to 5° of pipe misalignment
- Vary gap between pipe ends
- Absorbs vibration, water hammer and sound
- Special patented grip ring for superior holding power on hard-surfaced pipes
- 5 year limited warranty
- Requires no special tools or pipe-end preparation; only a torque wrench is required for a secure and safe pipe connection that seldom needs retightening.
- Not pull-out resistant.
- Ensure that pipes are properly anchored and supported.
- Built to ASTM 1476, Type C, Class 2 specifications
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) up to 232 PSI
- Underwriter's Laboratories
- National Sanitation Foundation
- Joins like or dissimilar pipe materials: steel, galvanized, painted, stainless steel, thin-wall stainless steel, PVC, copper
- Use with assembly tool: STR6648
|Range||2.81" to 2.93"|
|Working Pressure||232 PSI|
|Optional Pkg/Box Qty||1|