Image for Illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary
- Recommended for use on most one and two wire braid reinforced hoses, fiber reinforced (braided or spiraled) with or without helical wire such as: oil and suction discharge hose, barge and dock loading and unloading hose as well as L.P. gas hose, anhydrous ammonia hose, acid chemical hose and air and water hose.
- Tubular type
- The coupling system requires no bolts and results in a clean coupling with no protrusions.
- The Holedall coupling provides long-lasting efficiency and safety.
How it works
- The hydraulic swaging of the coupling to the hose is accomplished by pushing the ferrule through a die which reduces the ferrule OD, thus providing a 360° uninterrupted compression band around the hose.
- A hydraulic ram is the only piece of machinery necessary to accomplish the coupling. Rams are available in five different sizes- 15,25, 50,100 and 350 ton - these rams will accommodate dies and pushers of various sizes so that hoses up to 10" in diameter may be coupled.
- Couplings can be swaged or crimped.
- For higher working pressure applications use long style stems and ferrules
- Dixon Holedall stems and ferrules are specifically designed to be used together as a coupling system.
- Due to differences in dimensions and tolerances, for safety reasons, do not use other manufacturer's stems or ferrules with Dixon Holedall products.
- Do not use a wrench or vice on ferrule
- Holedall couplings, regardless of coupling style, are never to be used for steam service at any pressure.
- Holedall fittings are not to be used with cable reinforced high-pressure hose, 4 or 6 braid wire hydraulic hose or any other service not listed in the recommendations. Consult Dixon for recommendations on usage.
- Externally swaged Holedall couplings, to perform satisfactorily, must be applied properly in accordance with Dixon's assembly procedures, using correct die and ferrule for that particular hose end OD. Dixon's Die and Ferrule Recommendation Guide is to be used to select correct dies and ferrules. Consult the factory is you do not have an updated Die and Ferrule Recommendation Guide.
- Hose service working pressure (including surges and spikes) is never to exceed the maximum recommended working pressure for the fitting. The assembly's (hose + coupling) maximum working pressure is the lesser of the hose rated working pressure or the coupling rated working pressure.
- Media being transported through the hose should be compatible with the stem material. Compatibility of ferrule material with the environment in which it will be used is recommended. Consult the Compatibility Chart or the Dixon factory for material compatibility.
- For applications other than the ones list, please consult the factory.
- Designed for hose ID's 1-1/4"" - 10". The ferrule size depends on the hose OD.
|Hose ID||6" (150mm)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||400 PSI|
|Optional Pkg/Box Qty||2|