Image for Illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary
- Lovejoy is pleased to be able to provide quality grid couplings covering a large number of industry standard sizes and lengths. The Lovejoy grid style coupling has proven itself in performance and popularity over a wide range of applications. Lovejoy’s grid style coupling design has demonstrated its ability to dampen vibration by as much as 30% and can cushion shock loads that could cause damage to both the driving and driven equipment. The tapered grid spring design absorbs impact energy by spreading the energy out over the full length of the grid spring thus reducing the magnitude of the torque spikes. The Lovejoy design uses a curved hub tooth profile which creates a progressive contact with the flexible grid spring as the application torque increases. This feature provides a more effective and efficient transmission of power in properly aligned couplings. Lovejoy’s versatile design of industry standard hubs and grid springs for both horizontal and vertical cover styles allow Lovejoy couplings to be interchangeable with other industry standard grid couplings and components. Proper grid coupling installation and maintenance can add to a longer coupling life. Grid spring replacement is simple and can be performed at a fraction of the cost and time of a complete coupling.
- The Lovejoy Grid coupling is an ideal coupling for applications where excellent performance is desired and additional requirements for vibration dampening may exist. The Horizontal Split Cover design is recommended in applications where there may be some constraints on the diameter of the coupling. The vertical design is recommended for applications where higher speed is one of the requirements.
- Designed for ease of maintenance and grid spring replacement
- High tensile grid springs ensure superior coupling performance and longer coupling life
- Split covers allow for easy access to grid springs
- Interchangeable with industry standard grid couplings
|Description||1040 HUB 15/16 1/4X1/8KW|
|Hub Material||1045 Steel|
|Bore Type||Finished Bore and Keyway|
|Bore Size||15/16 in|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Size (Dimension T)||10-24|
|Set Screw Style Coupling Location Size (Dimension SL)||0.440 in11.18 mm|
|Keyway Size (W x D)||1/4 x 1/8 in|
|Length thru Bore||2.000 in50.80 mm|
|Overall Length||4.120 in104.70 mm|
|Outside Diameter (Horiontal Style Cover)||4.630 in117.60 mm|
|Outside Diameter (Vertical Style Cover)||5.060 in128.50 mm|
|Min. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||0.500 in12.00 mm|
|Max. Bore (Dimensions ID1/ID2)||1.625 in42 mm|
|Dimension FD||3.250 in82.60 mm|
|Dimension FL||0.380 in9.65 mm|
|Dimension HD||2.250 in57.20 mm|
|Dimension G1||0.118 in3.00 mm|
|Dimension L (Horizontal Style Cover)||2.750 in69.85 mm|
|Dimension L (Vertical Style Cover)||1.030 in26.16 mm|
|Dimension R||2.000 in50.80 mm|
|Dimension SL||0.440 in11.18 mm|
|Distance between Shaft Ends (Dimension G) - Normal Gap||0.118 in3.00 mm|
|Cubic inches||10.12500 in³|
|Nominal Torque||2200.00 in·lb|
|Max. Speed (Horizontal Style Cover)||4500.00 rpm|
|Max. Speed (Vertical Style Cover)||6000.00 rpm|
|Max. Parallel Misalignment at Installation (Dimension P)||0.0060 in|
|Max. Parallel Misalignment during Operation (Dimension P)||0.012 in|
|Max. Angular Misalignment at Installation (X-Y)||0.003 in|
|Max. Angular Misalignment during Operation (X-Y)||0.013 in|
Coupling Part Numbers
|Lovejoy Grid Coupling Size||1040|
|Falk Steelflex Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040T10|
|Morse / Browning Grid-Flex Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||GF2040H|
|Dodge Grid-Lign Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040T10|
|Kop-Flex / Kop-Grid Horizontal Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040H|
|Falk Steelflex Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040T20|
|Morse / Browning Grid-Flex Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||GF2040V|
|Dodge Grid-Lign Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040T20|
|Kop-Flex / Kop-Grid Vertical Cover Style Coupling Part Number||1040V|
- High tensile, shot-peened alloy steel grid springs and precision machined hubs ensure superior coupling performance and long life.
- Lovejoy’s grid couplings with tapered grids are designed to be interchangeable with other industry standard grid couplings with both horizontal and vertical grid covers.
- Lovejoy grid couplings are designed for ease of installation and maintenance reducing labor and downtime costs.
- The torsional flexibility and resilience of Lovejoy grid couplings helps reduce vibration and cushions shock and impact loads.
- Cover fasteners can be provided in either Inch or Metric sizes.
- Excellent for use in applications where the equipment is close coupled or spaced apart requiring a spacer style coupling arrangement.
- Stock spacer designs are available or requests for custom spacer lengths can be addressed by Lovejoy engineering.
- Size 1020 thru 1090 hubs are provided with clearance fit bores and 2 set screws at 90°.
- Size 1100 thru 1200 hubs are provided with interference fit bores and no set screws.
Item must be unused.
Item must be in it's original package.
Restocking, shipping and handling fees may applied to any return with this manufacturer.
For more information please consult https://www.mrosupply.com/page/returnwarranty-policy/